Thursday, January 16, 2014

I am afraid to jinx it, but...

Someone is FINALLY sleeping through the night!  Once Lily finished her medicine (on Monday), we decided it was finally time to go ahead and start sleep training.  We had been very bad about using the sleep suit and the swing as sleep crutches, but we decided to take her out of the sleep suit, put her down awake, and let her cry.  Monday night she woke up around 1:30 a.m. and cried a lot.  I would guess she cried for between 20 and 30 minutes, and finally Frank went upstairs, held her hand for a minute, and then came back down and she quickly fell asleep for the rest of the night.  Tuesday night she woke up once around 8:45 p.m., cried for about 10 minutes, and then fell asleep for the rest of the night.  Wednesday night she woke up a few times before 10:00 p.m., but each time she cried for maybe 30 seconds and then went back to sleep.  I am AMAZED that this has been so easy.  We put this off for months because we feared we were going to be up all night for days.  I am afraid to declare it a success, because we have thought she was sleeping through the night before and it never stuck.  But I am very hopeful that she is going to be sleeping through the night from here on out...fingers crossed!

I had a great weekend with the kids while Frank was at reserves.  We had unseasonably warm weather, and we went to the park/playground on Saturday and the zoo on Sunday.  Lily got to ride in the swing for the first time on Saturday, and Frankie had a blast pushing her.  I think he really likes that she is getting bigger and more active and more fun.  Frankie loved seeing all the animals at the zoo, and he was such a good boy and a big help all weekend.  I loved spending so much quality time with the kids. I have been so busy with work the last couple of months, it has felt like I have not gotten much good time with them, and I missed it!

Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend:



1 comment: