Saturday, March 29, 2014

An extraordinary ordinary day

Today was one of those magical days where I spent the entire day with the kids, and we didn't have any meltdowns, temper tantrums, or other catastrophes.  Frankie LISTENED to me, and I truly enjoyed his company all day.  We laughed, we played, and we shared lots of hugs and kisses.  We started the morning off bright and early with some cinnamon rolls and saying goodbye to Daddy who was off to spend the weekend at a ranch.  Then we watched "Frozen" for the second time in two days.  Frankie LOVES that movie, and luckily I really like it too and would not mind watching it over and over.  Then I took them out to BJs to meet Ashlee and Kristen and their two precious babies.  I think this may have been the first time I have ever taken both kids to a restaurant by myself, and it went surprisingly well, complete with two poops, two incidents of Frank falling backward and knocking over his chair, and lots of baby talk.  Shockingly, neither kid fell asleep on the car ride home, and they both took wonderful naps when we got home after lunch.  After naps, we headed out for ice cream which we took up to the playground.  Frankie got a cone with strawberry ice cream, and he promptly dropped his ice cream scoop on the ground when we got to the park.  He started to cry and get upset, but luckily I was able to improvise and give him some of my oreo cookie frozen yogurt instead.  We played at the park on this beautiful day for almost two hours, with almost an hour on the swings.  Lily has only swung a couple of times before, and she is so funny, I can't tell if she enjoys it or not.  She just sits there completely still and silent, looking around.  She didn't smile, but she also didn't cry. I think it may be because she spent so much time in a swing as a baby, and it is just soothing to her.  She looks like a little peanut in that swing.  After the park, we came home and played outside in the back yard and then ordered pizza for dinner.  It was a beautiful day, and I spent some great quality time with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment