Monday, March 24, 2014

Presidential suite

We stayed at the Hilton while we were in College Station.  I had originally booked an executive suite, which had a king bed and a separate room with a pull out couch for Frankie.  When we checked in, they told Frank that they did not have that room available, so they upgraded us.  We went up to the 11th floor--the Hilton Diamond floor--and were pretty excited to see they had put us in the Presidential Suite.  I even took a picture of the door.  However, it turns out that the presidential suite at the College Station Hilton is not ideal for families.  It is basically a small room with a king size bed and a staircase leading up to an ENORMOUS jacuzzi.  It probably would fit 20 people.  Frankie said, "oooh, we have a pool in our room!"  Obviously, this would not work for us.  We ended up "downgrading" to a junior suite, which worked out perfect because it was a huge room with a pull out couch for Frankie.  I told Frank this is probably the only time that we will ever turn down an upgrade to the presidential suite!

Miss Lily Mae kept waking up that night, which she rarely does any more.  I finally ended up putting her in the bed with us (which we have NEVER done), because I felt like she just wanted to be comforted.  She slept better then, but we slept pretty horribly because we kept worrying about her.  It turns out that she got one of her two front teeth!  The other one is also hot on its heels, and it will probably be here in the next couple of days.  She has been grinding her teeth together, which is a maddening sound.  I can't wait to see my little princess with two front teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment