Monday, March 24, 2014

Monte's finally home!

On Saturday, Monte and Amanda were presented with the keys to their mortgage-free, custom home in King Oaks, just outside of College Station, Texas.   The organization responsible for making it all happen, Operation Finally Home, hosted a big presentation ceremony for Monte, and we (our family, my parents, my grandparents, and Frank's Mom, Andy and all of his sisters) went out to College Station for the big day.  We were joined by hundreds of other neighbors and supporters.  Monte's new home is gorgeous.  It is on a one-acre lot in a wonderful neighborhood, full of live oak trees.  I actually like the neighborhood so much that we are considering purchasing a lot there and building our future retirement home there.  Frank really wants to buy a ranch, but I personally do not see the need for so much land--it just seems like a lot of work and maintenance.  I would rather buy a few acres in this community, so we can feel like we are in the middle of nowhere (it does), but you are actually only 10 minutes from College Station.  Being back in that city is always special, since Frank and I met there.  It was really neat to take our kids there for the first time, and I am so excited that we now have an extra special reason to go back often.

Monte and Amanda love their home, and our entire family is so thankful for all of the wonderful people who helped make his dream a reality.  Monte seems more comfortable and positive every time I see him, and I truly think he is going to go on and live a wonderful life, with a wonderful woman by his side.  I love Amanda, and I think she is such a strong woman for standing by him throughout all of this.

It was great to spend some time with Frank's family, and it is the first time in several years that all of his siblings were together.  Mimi and Naila in particular really bonded with Frankie.  Frank's Mom and Andy stayed in Dallas for a few nights before heading down to College Station, and they baby sat for us one night so that we could have a date night.  Frankie really seemed to bond with Grandpa Andy.  Overall, it was a wonderful weekend celebrating a hero and his well-deserved home!  I am so excited for Monte to have a fresh start in such an awesome place.





















No comments:

Post a Comment