Thursday, March 27, 2014
Balancing act
I sure do love these two little munchkins. Ever since I went back to work after my maternity leave, Frank and I have been trying so hard to find our balance. We often feel like we are just treading water, like we are sleepwalking through our days, like the weeks pass by in the blink of an eye, and like we are not taking time to stop, listen, and enjoy these moments. Right now, at this time in my life, I am trying hard to figure out ways to give us more of those moments. First, I left my toxic job and have entered a much more relaxed, positive environment, where I feel like I can thrive and be the kind of lawyer I want to be without the stress and resentment I harbored for so long at my old firm. Next, we have decided to take the kids out of day care and hire a nanny. We are having a girl come by tomorrow for a "test run," and I am really hoping that we love her and that it works out so that we can hire her and make her a part of our family. Having a nanny will save us the one-hour + per day we currently spend dropping off/picking up at day care, the 30+ minutes in the morning rushing to get the kids ready for day care, and the inconvenience of having to miss work when a child is too sick to go to school. I know having a nanny is not the answer to all of our problems, but I do think it will save us time, which is simply the most valuable thing to me these days. Finally, we are still planning to put our house back on the market and make the move to Southlake. I feel like that is where we are supposed to be, and I cannot wait to get into a bigger house, with a huge yard for Frankie to play in, and for so many more memories to be made as a family. I have prayed so much in the last year for all of this positive change, and I am so excited to see what the future brings for our family. I continue to pray that we find the right balance that works for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment