Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First day of preschool!

Today was Frankie's first day of preschool at Chapel Hill!  Chapel Hill is the preschool affiliated with our church, and I applied for Frankie way back when we originally put our house on the market.  Thankfully, after waiting on the wait list for several weeks, he got in.  He has been very anxious about going back to school.  He had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night, and he woke up very apprehensive.  We went and met his new teachers (Ms. Janet and Ms. Kristy) last Friday, and he was incredibly shy.  He is definitely going through a shy phase, and he has also had a TON of change in the last year--new sister, pulled out of school and staying home with a new nanny, a new house, and now a new school.  I hope he will thrive and love school the way he used to.  I already know that I love this school.  It is so much more personalized than day care.  He is in a class with two teachers and 12 kids, as opposed to 2 teachers and 30 kids at his old day care!  I think he will really love the more individualized attention.  He is going to school three days a week, on Monday and Wednesday from 9-2 and Friday from 9-12.  He held on to my hand so tightly as we walked toward his classroom this morning, but once we were inside, he took his teacher's hand and went inside without crying.  I am so proud of my big boy!  Although he was scared and anxious about school, he was super excited about his new "monster dinosaur" lunchbox and the special lunch that Daddy packed for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment