This weekend we moved out of our old house and into our new home. I have been so focused on and excited about our new house that I really didn't take the time to properly say goodbye to our old house. I left with Frankie and Lily in a rush early Saturday morning to meet the cable guy at the new house, and in between the madness of moving, I never got to go back to the old house one last time. Frank called me several times from the old house pretty emotional, and he made me get a little bit sad. I was so ready to leave our house--I felt like we had outgrown it in every possible way, but, we were there for seven years. It was the first home Frank and I shared together. It was the place where he carried me over the threshold. When we bought it, it was my dream home. Neither of us had ever lived in a place so nice, and I loved that everything was brand new and luxurious. It was the place where I learned I had passed the bar exam, where we found out about Monte's injury, and where I brought home both of my babies. I will always remember walking up those wooden stairs to rock crying babies to sleep. Giving both of my babies baths in the cramped, tiny upstairs bathroom. Putting Frankie in time out in the laundry room. Drawing on his chalkboard wall. Sitting with Frank out on the back porch and having a glass of wine. Dancing with Frank out on the back porch, counting our blessings and planning our future. Going up to the Four Seasons with our neighbors. Taking walks around our neighborhood with our babies. We became a family in that house, and I will always remember it fondly.
However, we are starting a new chapter in our lives, and I am so excited about making new memories in our new home. This house is a bit overwhelming because it is so much bigger, with so much land. It is also older, which is so different from our last house. I think it really suits our family. It has tons of character, and it is set on a huge lot with big, old, gorgeous trees, tons of grass and space for the kids to play. This is the place I envision as our "forever home," where I see Frankie and Lily growing up.
As far as the actual move goes, my Mom and Dad came up to help us out, and we really made a ton of progress. I would say we are about 80% unpacked, which is great. I am very anxious to get everything unpacked and in order! We went swimming in our new pool on Sunday, and we managed to lock ourselves out of the house. Frank and my Dad had gone to get some stuff out of our storage unit, and my Mom and I decided to take the kids swimming. Unfortunately we did not realize that all three sets of french doors leading to the backyard lock automatically when you shut them. We were only given one key to the house, and that key was locked inside, along with my cell phone, and pretty much everything else. We had to call a locksmith and ended up stuck outside for over 4 hours. Other than that incident, we had a really nice weekend with my parents.
Monday, September 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment