Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope that everyone had a nice, relaxing Memorial Day Weekend! First of all, I want to make sure to recognize and pay tribute to all of the brave men and women who gave their lives fighting for our country and our freedom. Everyone knows how important patriotism and pride in the military are to our family, and we hope everyone took at least a moment to pay tribute to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

We had a couple of baby milestones last week. First, Baby B received his/her first gift! Brooke & Mason sent us a very nice baby gift with a huge package of diapers, some newborn onesies, and two adorable bibs that say "I love Mommy" and "I love Daddy." I left everything in the box for Frank to open when he got home, and he said "this stuff smells like babies!" Ha! Thank you guys so much, it is so fun to have something tangible to relate to this new little life growing inside me. We also made our first trip together to Babies R Us on Saturday night. It was a little overwhelming looking at all of the different baby stuff, but it was fun to poke around and see what all is out there. We didn't actually buy anything, but I think that I have all of the furniture picked out for the baby's room, and I will order it shortly after finding out whether we are having a boy or a girl!

My energy levels have slowly been getting back towards normal the last couple of weeks, and I managed to work out three times this weekend--more than I have for the last three weeks combined! We went to the Colonial golf tournament with Jayson and Amy on Sunday, and it was a really long day of standing around in the heat, so I was pretty wiped out from that. Luckily we were able to duck into the military tent for water and A/C when I needed a break, and that saved me! This was the first weekend since being pregnant where I really wanted to drink a glass of wine or a margarita. I have also been eating a lot more normal foods lately--I think most of my aversions are going away, so that must be a good sign!

Frank is home all this week, and I am really excited to get to spend a lot of time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment