Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baby Liliana Mae

 Well.....it's a GIRL!  We had another ultrasound today at one of those 3D ultrasound places, and the tech spent 15 minutes looking at our precious baby from every single conceivable angle and concluded that she is indeed a girl.  We are so excited!  (I think I am a little more excited than Frank, but he will come around eventually).  Her name is Liliana Mae.  Liliana is the girl's name we had picked out for baby #1, and we both still love it.  Liliana is Frank's sister's middle name, and Mae is the name of one of frank's great grandmothers.  I am so excited to have a beautiful little girl to dress up and spoil!  This baby just got a whole lot more expensive, but as my friend Corey said, she is worth every penny!  I cannot wait to go shopping and to decorate the nursery.

I had speculated from the beginning that this baby was a girl, but I was afraid to get my hopes up and so I never let myself truly believe it was a girl.  I think Frank also believed this baby was going to be a girl (he even had a dream about her!), but he really really wanted another boy, so I think he convinced himself that it was going to be a boy because that is what he wanted.  


I have been having a really tough time at work lately, and I really feel like God has given our family this wonderful gift as a reminder of what is most important in life.  As long as I have my wonderful husband and healthy children, my world will be complete. I hope my daughter will grow up and admire her hard-working mommy and see that she can be absolutely anything she wants to be when she grows up.


2 comments:

  1. SO excited! I needed a little girl :) Now I must go buy a tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Liliana! Micala, this is too sweet - she will indeed aspire to be the woman her mom is!

    ReplyDelete