We went back to the doctor today for my 22-week appointment and a follow-up ultrasound. At our 18-week appointment, the ultrasound tech did not get as good of a view of the heart as they would like, so that is why we were scheduled for another ultrasound. At that appointment, the tech told us that we were having a boy. The doctor told us that the tech had written boy? on her notes, so she said she must not have been 100% sure. But, she told us she was "98% sure" we were having a boy, and we have been planning for a boy ever since. We have been calling the baby Luke and imagining our future with two little boys. So imagine our surprise when we go into our ultrasound today and the tech tells us he is 100% sure we are having a GIRL! He asked us right away if we already knew the sex, and we said yes, but that the girl was not completely sure so we wanted him to confirm for us. Frank joked that I had been holding out hope that we were having a girl. He started the scan and asked us if we had done the previous scan at the same office, and we said yes. He checked the heart, the femur, the brain, and all of the other organs, before saying, "well, Micala, I think you are going to have a pretty great weekend, because you are definitely having a girl." Frank and I were both SHOCKED. We could not believe what we were hearing, especially hearing him say that he was sure. He said that he could tell right away, which is why he asked if we had the previous scan at the same office. He also told us that he has never been wrong. After we had the ultrasound, we met with the doctor for my appointment and she told us that it definitely looked like a girl to her too. She told us that the tech we had today is much more experienced than the tech we had originally, so maybe that caused her mistake. So....we are really confused. I am really excited about the possibility of a little girl, but at the same time, I had grown excited about having two little boys too. We are scheduled for another ultrasound in four weeks, but I am not sure if I can wait that long to find out, so I may go ahead and book a 3D ultrasound to find out sooner.
Here are the two different "confirmation" pictures from the two appointments...which one looks correct to you?? Are you thinking pink or blue?!?
Friday, February 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I can see how she thought boy...but on the second ultrasound I can't tell what is what....?!
ReplyDeleteSugar and spice and everything nice!
ReplyDeleteWow..that is a little hard to tell! On mine, there was a definite two lines so there was no mistaking it and that was at about 17 weeks, I think. I would go with a girl just because of the track record of the ultrasound tech and his confidence. My ultrasound tech has never predicted wrong either!
ReplyDelete