This week we ordered all of the furniture for the nursery--glider, ottoman, crib, dresser, hutch, bookcase, and side table. Surprisingly, several of the items are in stock and are being delivered on Tuesday! I was prepared for the furniture to take several months to get here, so knowing that the big items are coming this week has prompted me to get moving on several other house projects to get the upstairs ready for Baby Frank. As most of you know, because our bedroom is downstairs, we hardly ever even go upstairs, unless it is to use the treadmill. So we have been using the closets up there for storage and have not done much as far as decorating. I am using the baby as an excuse to clean out all of the closets, get organized, and decorate! This weekend I got to do to the not-so-fun part--cleaning out and organizing the closets. Boy do we have a lot more crap than I realized! However, I am happy to report that I have consolidated all of our stuff into our game/hall closet, and completely cleaned out the closet in the new guest bedroom and the nursery. We also picked out the paint color for the nursery. I brought home four different paint sheets, and, shockingly, Frank and I immediately agreed on the same color. In case anyone is curious, we are going to decorate the nursery in shades of blue, tan, white, and brown. The furniture is all dark brown wood and the walls will by painted a very pale shade of blue. I am so excited to get the room ready and make it fabulous!
Frank is working from home this week, and I am very excited to have him home and get to spend some extra time with him. Our big project for the week is to go register. Hopefully we can agree on strollers and car seats as easy as we agreed on the nursery paint color!
I am still feeling good, and I am trying to take advantage of my extra energy to get stuff done around the house and work out as much as possible. I know that as I get bigger I will start to get more and more uncomfortable, so I am trying to get everything done sooner than later.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment