Monday, July 26, 2010

Snoogles, boppies, and pack-n-plays

This weekend, Frank and I decided to head out to Buy Buy Baby and register for baby gear. I have been researching baby stuff for the last couple of months, and I asked several of my friends with children to provide lists and recommendations of their must-have items, so I felt very prepared when we got to the store. Of course, once we were in the store, I felt pretty overwhelmed! We made it through in about 2 hours, and I think we registered for most of the stuff that we need, but it was absolutely exhausting. Frank cracked me up, because he had not heard of so many of the different things that we saw in the store. It is truly amazing how much stuff we need to take care of a baby. After the two-hour marathon shopping trip, I decided to create our Babies R Us registry online, which was much easier! But I am glad that Frank and I decided to go together and share the experience.

Frank's main job this weekend was to move all of the furniture out of the room we had been using as a gym and into our media room. Moving our treadmill was the biggest production--he ended up having to take the entire thing apart, move all the pieces, and then put it all back together. Thankfully, I tested it in the new room, and it did not fall apart! We are slowly but surely getting the house ready for Baby Frank. We also went over to Jason & Katherine's new house for dinner on Saturday night, and Mike and Ali came over as well. We had not spent time with them in a long time, and it was great to catch up! Then Sunday night we went out to dinner with Julie, one of Frank's friends from high school in California. She is a labor & delivery nurse at a hospital in Dallas, and she gave us a lot of advice about our upcoming special delivery.

Frank is home for the next two weeks (at least) working for his air force unit, and I am very excited to have him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment