Tuesday, April 17, 2012

17 months

Frankie is 17 months old today! I have not done a monthly update in a while, so I figured I would do one this month. At 17 months, Frankie is starting to really assert his independence and is also showing that he has a definite defiant streak. He has meltdowns when he does not get what he wants...whether it is a cookie, watching TV, going outside, or me letting him walk or press the buttons on the elevator. He is very sweet, and he loves giving hugs and kisses. He loves being outside. He loves practicing his words, and his newest word is "Frank!" He likes to say "mama, dada, Frank" all at the same time. He is getting stronger and stronger, and it is getting harder for me to control him. He is still a very good eater, but he is more demanding about what he wants to eat.

He is still a great sleeper, but he will not go to bed peacefully anymore. He stands up and screams every time we lay him down to sleep. A couple of nights ago he tried to climb out of the crib for the first time during one of his screaming fits. He was leaning up over the rail when Frank got up there and distracted him. I really hope that this was a fluke and that we can keep him in his crib as long as possible.

This morning we went to visit two preschools near our house, and it was very encouraging! We actually liked both places, but I think we liked one better than the other for right now and one better for elementary school if we decide to go the private school route. Both places were warm, inviting, and seemed to inspire learning and creativity in a way that i loved. It is so crazy to think that in just a year or two he will be learning how to use computers and how to read.

We love you so much little boy, and I cannot wait to watch you become the awesome little boy that I know you will be. I love looking at the world through your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment