Today I was at a work conference and I went down to the hotel's convenience store to buy a sugar free red bull to get my through the rest of the day. The cashier at the store was super sweet, and she told me that she thought something really good was going to happen to me today and that it was my lucky day. Four hours later, after I had picked Frankie up from daycare and driven all the way home, I realized that I had left my briefcase with my work laptop and other company files at the conference. I frantically e-mailed some of my co-workers hoping that someone had seen it and picked it up and I called the hotel to see if anyone had turned it into to the lost and found. A few hours went by and I was starting to get really nervous. Then, a few minutes ago, the hotel called--they found my briefcase, and everything was still inside! HURRAY! So, even though the luck did not take the form I would have expected, I do feel like something super good happened to me today, so that cashier was right.
Frankie's ankle is slowly healing. He is able to walk most of the time now, although he still has a pretty noticeable limp and he still wants to be carried more than normal. He is significantly better than he was last weekend though, so I am so thankful for that. He is still taking pain medicine at least once a day, and he gets pretty fussy toward the end of the day after walking all day. After doing some internet research this week, I learned that you should never ride on a slide with a toddler. It is very common for a toddler's leg to get stuck while riding down a slide with a parent and for the leg to fracture. I am so thankful that Frankie's leg was not broken.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment