Monday, April 16, 2012

One sweet side effect

One sweet side effect of Frankie's ankle injury is that he has been very sweet and cuddly the last few weeks. He is getting used to being picked up, and he constantly wants to give hugs and kisses. I used to be able to lay him down for naps or bedtime without any fuss, but now he grabs on to me for dear life when he senses that I am about to lay him down. Usually when he does this I rock and sing to him for a few more minutes and then put him down. He knows that I will usually give in to whatever he wants. It is so hard for me to discipline him, and he knows it. I will do just about anything for those great big hugs! He has been more cuddly this past month than he has been for the last year, and I love that.

As far as his ankle goes...he is doing so much better! We had it x-rayed again last week, and the x-rays are still clear. We decided to make a huge concerted effort, with help from Ms. Crystal at day care, to keep him off his foot the last few days, and it has made a huge difference. Today he was running around with no limp, so I think it is finally healed. We have an appointment with the orthopedic specialist scheduled for Thursday, so we are going to see how he is doing tomorrow and then decide if we still need to go. I am so happy that he is finally doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment