
I survived my first day/night alone with both kids! Barely. Thankfully, Lily had a fantastic day today, with three good naps and no colicky crying. Frankie was great in the morning, and we successfully ventured out to the club this morning for an hour and a half so that Frankie could swim, play in the sand, and get out of the house. I left Lily covered up in her car seat in the shade, and everyone did great! However, the day went downhill from there. Frankie would not take a nap, and although he stayed in his room for "quiet time," he was not quiet, and he never really relaxed, so he was bouncing off the walls and overtired the rest of the night. He was not listening well, and even though I had told him we would watch a special movie after dinner, I ended up putting him directly to bed because he would.not.listen to me! He was hysterical when I put him to bed, and he got out of bed a bunch of times crying, screaming, stomping his feet, and shaking the gate at the top of the stairs. I went up there and calmed him down, put him back to bed nicely, and went downstairs. It literally took over an hour, and me going up there many more times, for him to finally go to sleep. He was crying for Mommy, saying he was scared, saying that the monsters were going to get him....it is sad to listen to him cry, but I was trying to feed Lily and put her to bed, and he was seriously driving me insane. Finally he went to bed and then I put Lily down. Phew! I need a drink, but I am scared to open the refrigerator and wake Lily up, so I will probably just go to sleep myself.
Yesterday, I left baby Lily with a babysitter for the first time so that I could go on an interview. It is funny, because I left Frankie for the first time to go on an interview for my current job...so we'll see if this interview has a similar outcome! My sweet friend Kristi watched Lily, which we really appreciate! We are so lucky to have great friends who will help us out with the kids when we need it. I could not fit into any of my suits at only 5.5 weeks postpartum, so I wore a professional dress and a blazer. The dress was a little tighter than it normally is, and Frank told me that I looked like I belonged in a music video, and not on an interview. I can only hope that the people I interviewed with did not agree with him!
Here are a few pictures from this week:
No comments:
Post a Comment