Tuesday, July 16, 2013
She is a screamer
Oh yes, in the picture above, she looks so sweet, but this sweet baby is not always as sweet as she seems in pictures. It is so ironic to me that Lily entered this world so calmly, without crying much, tricking us into believing that she was going to be a chill, easy baby. Oh, how we were wrong! Let me tell you, this girl can SCREAM! Just when I thought that this latest medication was helping, she just refused a bottle and screamed, inconsolably, for a good thirty minutes. I finally just put her back down to sleep in the swing because I did not know what else to do! I called her doctor this morning to give her an update on the medication and let her know that it was not working, and her doctor did not call me back. I am so frustrated. I did not press the issue, because she seemed better today! But now, at 1:00 a.m. with a screaming baby, I really wish I had called over and over until we got some answers. Yesterday she refused all bottles for approximately eight hours. She would scream as if she was hungry, suck on the bottle without actually drinking, fall asleep, and then repeat, for pretty much the entire day. But then, she ate fine and slept decent last night and ate and slept good all day today, so I thought we had made some progress. I have researched acid reflux, colic, baby screaming while eating, baby arching back and craning neck, Sandier's syndrome, iterations of baby poop, and milk soy protein intolerance so much that I feel like an expert on these issues, yet, at the same time, I feel completely clueless as to what is wrong with Lily and how I can fix it. Hopefully we will get some answers, and she will get some relief, soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment