Monday, July 29, 2013

My girl (7 weeks)


Baby girl is seven weeks old today!  On the eve of her seven-week birthday, she has been sleeping since 8:30 last night....which means she has been sleeping for 10 hours and counting!  We need to figure out how to make this a regular occurrence.  She has been sleeping a nice 6-7 hour stretch followed by a 3-4 hour stretch the last few nights, but this is the first time she has slept all the way through the night.  Of course, she is mostly sleeping in her swing, which is not ideal, but I feel like we might as well keep her in there for now since she clearly prefers it to her crib.  Mommy got her first full night's sleep in months, which I am very excited about!

I finally got a few pictures of me with my sweet girl this past weekend.  Mommy is always the one taking all of the pictures, so it was nice to be in a few for a change.  I have been spending the majority of the last seven weeks holding this sweet girl, and it has (mostly) been wonderful.  She is very smiley, and she is starting to giggle.  She makes a lot of noises, and she has a very expressive face.  I always think she is trying to tell me something.  She is having more awake time most days, and although she definitely still has fussy periods, she also has some wonderful happy periods each day too.  

She has already been to parks, pools, the mall, the zoo, and on two road trips.  She is a little trooper and she is the perfect addition to our little family.  



No comments:

Post a Comment