Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Liliana - One Month!
Today is Liliana's one month birthday! I cannot believe that Liliana is already one month old! This month has completely flown by. I cannot believe that my maternity leave is already 1/4th over. Lily definitely has acid reflux, and it has gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. We started her on Zantac last week, and so far I have yet to notice any improvement. I am going to give Liliana's pediatrician a call later today to discuss increasing the dosage or switching to a different medicine. Lily can take some bottles with no problem, but approximately 40 percent of the time she will cough and gag and scream while drinking a bottle, usually only drinking about half of it. Then she will arch her back and scream in pain for several minutes after. She also has similar "episodes" like Frankie had, where she will stop breathing for several seconds and then gasp for air and then scream. Hopefully we will find the right combination of medicine and formula soon to help her tummy.
I am still breastfeeding/pumping, but I am only producing approximately 75 percent of what Lily needs, so she also gets formula at almost every feeding. I have both good days and bad days with breastfeeding, and I have not decided how long I am going to keep it up. I am currently aiming for six weeks, but at some point every day I contemplate giving up, so we will see. It is very frustrating to have to breastfeed, pump, and then give a bottle every single feeding, especially at night. Lily does not seem to tolerate breast milk any better than the formula, but I know it is good for her to get as much as possible.
Other than her feeding issues, Lily also has sleeping issues, probably due to the reflux. She does not usually go down the first time you put her down and often has to be picked up and re-consoled several times before falling asleep. I put her in her crib for the first time a couple of nights ago, (she had been sleeping in the pack-n-play downstairs before that), and she slept for a 3 hour stretch, a 2-hour stretch, and then another 2-hour stretch...which was not great. She has slept for longer stretches in the boppy and pack-n-play, and she slept for nine hours straight in her car seat a few nights ago, so I know she is capable of sleeping longer. We will just have to keep working on it!
Lily really reminds me a lot of Frankie as a baby. She is mostly sweet, alert, and calm, but she also can SCREAM when she is hungry. My mom keeps saying that she is going to be a diva. She absolutely loves her swing. She also likes being in the stroller and the car. She is just starting to become fascinated with mirrors and like laying on her play mat. She doesn't mind tummy time too much, and we try to do that for at least 10-15 minutes every day. She still hates being bathed, but I discovered last night that she likes it better when she is partially submerged in warm water.
She is transitioning out of newborn and into size 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. She seemed to have a growth spurt while we were in San Antonio, and she already seems so much bigger to me! She has some baby acne on her sweet face, which will hopefully clear up soon.
Last night I started doing a bedtime routine, which I think really helped Frankie start sleeping through the night. I change her diaper, give her a bath, do a baby massage with some lotion, put on PJs, feed her, swaddle her, and then either sing/rock or read books and then put her in her crib. Last night, Frankie and Lily were both in bed and asleep at 8:30 and I felt so accomplished! But then Lily woke up and had to be consoled twice, finally going down around 9:15. Not perfect, but it was still an improvement!
Here are a few more pictures of my sweet girl from this last week:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment