Monday, February 7, 2011

2 month appointment (finally!!)

I finally took Frank in for his 2-month doctor's appointment today--only three weeks late. We have had to reschedule this appointment 5 times, with two different doctors, due to insurance issues and the lovely winter weather. He got his first round of shots today, and that was tough for both of us! Frank screams in pain daily due to his reflux, so I thought I was prepared for how he was going to handle the shots. However, I was NOT prepared for that level of screaming! The nurse did the shots pretty quickly, and he calmed down once I picked him up and rocked him for a few minutes, so it wasn't too bad. The doctor said that he may be fussier than normal for the next few days, which I am not looking forward to!

We finally found out how big he is: 13 lbs, 11 ounces, and 24 inches long. He is right at the 50th percentile for height and head size, and he is slightly above the 50th percentile for weight. The doctor said that he looks great, and that since he is growing well, we do not need to be too concerned about the reflux. However, Frank is still clearly in quite a bit of pain several times throughout the day, so we are going to try putting him on a different formula to see if the reflux is due to a sensitivity to lactose. I am really hoping that this new formula helps him, because it is devastating to see him in pain!

The doctor was very impressed with all of the noises he makes. He has a lot to say already, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment