Well, we survived the day care test run! Barely. Let's just say that there were A LOT of tears involved, and we are not talking about the baby's. I was actually pretty surprised that I was so emotional when I dropped Frank off. I knew that he was only going to be there for a few hours, and he has been doing so well the last week or so. He did fantastic in Park City, so I did not think that the new people, new place, or noise would bother him. It was just so hard to leave my baby with someone else. I have only left him one other time before, and it was with my sweet neighbor who has a baby of her own only a month older than Frank. It was much different leaving him with a bunch of strange babies and adults who I don't yet completely know or trust. I did not cry much when I was actually at the day care, but I cried a bunch on the drive downtown and I cried again when I got into my building. I saw a sweet fellow Mom in the hallway when I got off the elevator on my floor, and she invited me to a Mom's lunch with a bunch of fellow attorneys. It was just what I needed!!! They helped me realize that it will get easier--although they all said that it will never be easy.
The good news is...he did great! He did not cry at all when I dropped him off, and he was happy and cooing when I picked him up. I could tell that he was completely worn out when he got home, because he took an almost two-hour nap in the early evening, which he never does. But he slept like a champ last night until I woke him up at 7:45 this morning, so thankfully, day care did not mess with his great nighttime sleep. As long as he keeps coming home happy and sleeping well at night, I will consider day care a success! I officially go back to work on Tuesday, and Frank will be in Ohio then, so it will be my true test. I know it is going to be hard to manage working full time and basically being a single mom during the week, but people do it all the time, so I know that I can too! I will probably just need to further fuel my caffeine addiction in order to survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment