We absolutely loved Park City! I had only been skiing a couple of times before and did not care for it much, but I really enjoyed this vacation. Park City is only a 30-minute drive from the Salt Lake City airport, so it is really convenient. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria hotel, which is a ski-in, ski-out property on the Canyons mountain. The hotel was wonderful, and everything about skiing was so convenient. We rented our equipment and bought our lift tickets at the hotel, the hotel staff valeted our ski equipment for us and we boarded a gondola right outside the hotel that brought us to the ski lifts. It made skiing so much more enjoyable. The mountain was never too crowded while we were there, and so we did not have to wait in lines to get on the lifts, which was great. The hotel also had the best hot chocolate I have ever had in my life. The only thing that sucked about the Canyons was that there were very few runs for beginners. There was only one green run, a couple of double greens, and the rest were blues and blacks. I stuck to the easy green run my first day out, since I had not skied in 13 years and was very afraid of falling. But the second day, Frank made me try out a blue run, and I actually really enjoyed it! I surprised myself and only fell one time, so we tried it out twice more and I skied it both of those times without falling. I was so proud of myself! I used to hate skiing, and now I can't wait to go back.
The town of Park City was also really neat. The main street area had tons of cute little shops and restaurants. The first two nights we all went out to eat together, and Baby Frank slept the whole time. As a matter of fact, he also slept through all three nights that we were there. He is such a good baby!! On Valentine's Day, my parents went out for an early dinner and then stayed in the hotel with the baby while Frank and I went out to an late dinner. We went to the restaurant Riverhorse on Main and absolutely loved it. It was nice to have some time to ourselves, since that is so rare these days! All in all, it was a wonderful vacation and we are so happy that my parents were able to come out and enjoy it with us.
Here are some pics from our trip to Park City:
before his first airplane ride




No comments:
Post a Comment