These last few months have been insane. Not only have I been pregnant and sick, but Frank and my family have been planning a major fundraising event for Monte. Finally, on December 10, all of our hard work paid off! We hosted the Holes for a Hero golf tournament at Sweetwater Country Club in Sugar Land, and the turnout was AMAZING! We raised nearly $33,000 for Monte's recovery fund. Almost 130 golfers came out to support the event, and we raised nearly $6,000 from the amazing live and silent auction items that were donated. We are so happy and proud of the way the event turned out. Most organizations take an entire year to plan a big fundraising event, and we threw this tournament together in just over three months. I want to thank everyone who helped make this event possible, especially my Dad who really stepped up and helped recruit golfers. Everyone in my family helped out, and Frank and i truly appreciate all of their efforts! I also want to thank all of my friends who came out to volunteer on the day of the tournament--I truly do not know what we would have done without you! We have learned so much about fundraising this year. It is one of the most rewarding and frustrating things I have ever done. In the five months since Monte was injured, we have raised almost $90,000 for his recovery fund. We feel like it is the least we can do after everything he has given to us and our great nation!
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment