Last week, in the wake of the Connecticut shooting tragedy, I left work early on Friday and Frank and I made a special effort all weekend to shower our little guy with as much love, hugs, and kisses as possible. I am completely heartbroken for all of the families who lost their innocent little boys and girls in such a horrific way. I am also so thankful that I have my little guy to love.
In other news, I think Frankie may sense that a new baby is coming. He has been giving me a really hard time lately, especially when I am trying to put him down to go to sleep. He wants to be read a million books, sung a million songs, and even after all of that, he does not want to be put down. He has always been such an easy sleeper, so I am puzzled by why he is suddenly fighting going to bed. And of course he only does it with me. With Frank, he goes down right away just like normal. When I laid him down tonight he stood up and screamed "Mommy come back!!" for five minutes before he finally laid down. It breaks my heart to hear him call for me like that! I hope this is just a phase.
In other Frankie news, his new favorite phrase is "that's mine." He says it about everything. He also likes to take about "my hose, in my yard, by my house," or "my white car with my radio and my music." Everything is "mine." He has also started to negotiate all the time. I will say, "it is time to go upstairs," and he will say "a few more minutes." I will say, "ok, two more minutes." After two minutes, he will say "one more minute." After that one minute, he will say "last minute please." Ha, it is so cute and hard to say no! But I can already tell that everything is going to be a battle with him. We also negotiate almost every night at meal time.
As far as my pregnancy goes...I am finally starting to feel normal again! The nausea is almost completely gone now, which is a HUGE relief. I am still having that nasty metallic taste off and on, but otherwise I feel pretty much back to normal. My stomach is getting bigger by the day, and I really need to start wearing maternity clothes, but we have been too lazy to get them out of storage. I have been craving cheese and spicy food. Quesadillas, pizza, and mushroom melt sandwiches from Potbelly sound great pretty much all the time. I am starting to feel the baby move more and more which is really exciting. I will be 15 weeks tomorrow! I feel like this pregnancy is flying by much faster than the first one did.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment