Wednesday, May 29, 2013
38 weeks and false alarm
Last night, Frank and I went to the hospital for what turned out to be a false alarm. I had been having contractions all day, and around 8:30 last night I started timing them. They were coming every 10 minutes or so at first, but they got closer together and were coming every 2-3 minutes by about 11:00 p.m. However, they still were not very painful, so I was not sure what to do. I finally decided it was better to be safe than sorry, and we went in. The nurse checked my cervix and saw I was only dilated to a 1, which was the same as I was at my appointment last week. So disappointing! They monitored me for about an hour (during which I was still having contractions, but of course they were not coming as regularly as before), and then sent us home. I had my 38-week check-up this morning, and I had progressed to 2 cm, so that is something. My doctor told me that some people have these practice bouts of labor, and others don't, and that there is not much I can do other than try to listen to my body and know that the contractions have to be more painful for me to go back to the hospital. I feel silly for going in when it was not "time," but it did give us a good practice run and forced us to get those last few little things done (car seat in car, frank's bag packed, etc). I know Baby Lily will come when she is ready, but I feel like all of these contractions are really messing with my mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment