Frank has reserves this weekend, and this may be my last weekend alone with Frankie before baby Lily arrives. I want to soak up every second I can with him while he is still my only child. It seems like he has grown up so much in the last week. He seems more mature to me. The last few times we have been out to eat at restaurants, he has been SO good. We used to have to rush to order and eat as quickly as possible before he started to get restless and fussy. Now, we usually have to convince HIM to leave, which is a nice change. He has been using words more and crying less. He has been listening better. Last night he told me and Frank to "Come outside, y'all!" It was hilarious.
He is going through a "Daddy phase," where he prefers Frank to me at bedtime. This is a huge change that makes me a little sad, but also a little grateful, because it is getting harder and harder for me to do things, and it is a huge help for Frank to handle bedtime a couple of nights a week. Frank is still looking for a new job, so he has had extra time to spend with Frankie these last few months, and I think both of them are really enjoying their Daddy-son bonding time.
Just a few of Frankie's favorites right now:
Foods: mac-n-cheese, broccoli, greek yogurt, candy, icing, juice, strawberries, cheese, pepperoni pizza
Toys: chalk, his new steering wheel, cars, his broom.
Color: Orange
Books: Gerald the dancing giraffe, the very hungry caterpillar
Places to go: Nana and Papa's house, playground, airplane museum
Yesterday, we were playing outside on the side of our house, and he randomly said "Mommy, I need to go pee-pee." He pulled down his pants, took off his diaper, and peed in the grass. It cracked me up, because I have no idea where he learned that (probably from his Daddy). Last week, Frankie had another ear infection and Frank told him that he got to stay home and play hooky with Daddy. Frankie got a huge smile on his face and said, "I get to play cookie with Daddy!!!" So many cute moments lately. I sure do love my big boy to pieces!
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He may have learned about peeing in the grass from Mason too :) Yea!
ReplyDelete