Saturday, August 3, 2013
A letter to Frankie
Dear, Frankie: Where do I begin. You have been giving your Mommy a very hard time lately. On one hand, you have been so, SO sweet. You have been asking to cuddle, to be picked up, and wanting to be close to Mommy all the time lately, and I LOVE that. I so miss my special time with you. I feel like you went from being a baby to being a big boy in the blink of an eye, and I can hardly remember any of the time in between. You have been randomly coming up to me and telling me you love me. You run into my arms when I pick you up from school. And you are giving me tons of hugs and kisses. You are also so incredibly sweet and protective of your sister. You show her off to your teachers and friends every day at school, and you are always aware of where she is and what she is doing. But....you are also giving me a really hard time. You are acting very jealous of the time I spend with Liliana. When I am feeding her, you are acting out. Whether it is peeing on the floor (you KNOW better), taking off all of your clothes, unplugging things, or just generally misbehaving, you want Mommy's attention and you do not seem to care if it is good or bad. I know that this is a tough transition for you, and I want to help make it easier, and spend special time with you, and reward you for being good. But it is hard when you insist on misbehaving. I hope that you can grow out of this phase soon so that we can work on rebuilding our special relationship. You are Mommy's favorite boy, and I hope you always know that. Love, Mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment