Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Music man


Frankie has been very aware of music lately, whether it is on TV, coming from a toy, or playing on the radio.  He will frequently say, "Mom, do you hear the guitar (or drum, saxaphone, etc)?" when we are listening to music.  He always requests country music in the car, although he does tolerate "KISS FM."   The first song that he really liked was the "Boom Boom song," which is really Luke Bryan's "Drunk on you."  He started to sing that song and request to hear that song about a year ago.  Then, his next favorite was Taylor Swift's "Trouble."  I think he liked that one because there is a part in it where she says "trouble, trouble," and he definitely knows what it means to get in trouble!  Lately, he has been singing along to all of the songs on Mickey Mouse Club (I have the Minnie Mouse song "Welcome to my new bow-tique" constantly stuck in my head now...) and his new favorite radio song is "Crazy" by Hunter Hayes.  Except his version goes "I don't want crazy, let's get crazy, a little bit crazy, let's get crazy!"  Haha.   He was singing this verse over and over for the last couple of days, and then we finally heard "Crazy" on the radio last night, and he was so excited to hear the song he had been singing!  It is soooooo sweet to hear him sing these songs, and I want to treasure these memories forever. I wonder if we may have a little future musician on our hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment