Saturday, August 10, 2013
Liliana is 2 months!
My sweet baby girl is two months old today. We celebrated her two month birthday by going to the Burch twins' first birthday party! Amy did an awesome job with the decorations and food, and it was great to see the girls and some good friends that we had not seen in a long time. Frankie came home from school yesterday with a fever, and when he woke up this morning, the fever was above 103 degrees. He has never had a fever that high! He was also not acting like himself, but he didn't really have any other symptoms. We took him up to the doctor this morning, and she said it must be a virus, because his ears and throat looked fine, and he tested negative for strep. He seems to be feeling better this afternoon, and he no longer has a fever, so we'll see. He always wants to give his baby sister hugs and kisses, and it is killing him that we are not letting him touch her until he gets better.
At two months, baby Lily is still in size 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers, but she is growing out of both and will probably move up to the next sizes soon. She is usually sleeping through the night for 9-11 hours at a time, but sometimes she wakes up between 3:00 and 4:00 if she did not eat enough during the day and then goes back to sleep for the rest of the night. She typically eats 5 times a day, and usually 4 ounces at a time, for a total somewhere around 20 ounces. She is still having some fussy days where her reflux is acting up, but most days are good! I took her off of the second medicine that the specialist put her on because I read some scary things about the potential side effects, and because it seemed to make her fussier than normal. She has been virtually the same (minus the extra fussiness) since I stopped giving it to her, so I do not think it was helping much anyway.
Liliana is very smiley, and when she smiles her whole face lights up. I think she looks so similar to Frankie when she smiles. She loves when I (or Frankie) sing to her, when we play "this little piggy," and playing peek-a-boo. She is starting to like baths better. We are often stopped by ladies at the grocery store who tell us how pretty she is, and she usually rewards them with sweet smiles. She has now been babysat twice, and both times her sitters reported she was a sweet angel.
I cannot believe that my maternity leave is already halfway over! I love getting to spend this special time with my sweet girl. Here are a couple more pictures from the last few days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment