Last night we put Liliana to bed in the crib for the first time in weeks. She had been sleeping exclusively in the swing for the last several weeks, and she was usually sleeping at least 8 hours straight at night, and often sleeping all the way through the night. I was very hesitant to move her, but we are going to be in Florida next week without a swing, so we wanted to try to get her used to sleeping in a crib before our trip. We had tried putting her to sleep in her crib around the one-month point, and it was a disaster, with her waking up frequently and being incredibly difficult to console when she woke herself up. I am extremely happy to report that she did great last night! She slept from 8:30 to 7:00, only waking up one time around 12:30 to eat two ounces and immediately go back to sleep. I am so thankful for how well she did, and I can only hope she continues to sleep well in there. It is so funny watching her sleep on the monitor. She spins around her crib just like Frankie did, and she is in a completely different position every time I wake up and catch a glimpse of her on the monitor.
She is getting to a really fun stage where she is super smiley, starting to laugh, and just generally very pleasant to be around. Yesterday morning Frankie insisted that she wear this huge pink bow with her PJs when we took him to school. Of course, everyone commented on how beautiful she looked!
Please pray that night two will go as well (or better!) than night one, and that we can successfully transition Liliana into her crib before we leave this weekend.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment