
Today we took both kids to the circus! When we learned that the circus was coming in town, we decided we wanted to take Frankie as a special treat for doing so well with his stars. We implemented a stars reward system a few weeks ago when we were having some big problems with his not listening, having intentional potty accidents, and not taking naps. Every day we give him stars as rewards for doing good with things like eating, taking a nap, taking a bath, and listening. Then, at the end of the day, we let him count up all of his stars for the day. He has been getting progressively better over the last couple of weeks, and I think having incentives really helps him. I was a little apprehensive about bringing Lily to the circus, but both kids did fantastic! The show was just about 20 minutes too long, but we made it to the very end without any major meltdowns. Frankie loved the show, especially the elephants, tigers, and lions. I haven't been to this type of circus in a long time, and I had forgotten how amazing it is! We had a great time. We also rode the DART train downtown, and Frankie loved it. It was so easy to hop on the train near our house and ride it all the way to the AA center. We had a great time, and I think Frankie really enjoyed his special treat!












No comments:
Post a Comment