Thursday, August 15, 2013

I want my body back!

The absolute worst part of pregnancy for me is the weight gain.  I have always worked out a lot, and fitness is super important to me.  With Frank, I worked really hard to maintain my fitness during my pregnancy, and I recall working out regularly until maybe the 37th or 38th week.  I gained about 32 pounds with that pregnancy, but I was still in pretty good shape everywhere but my stomach.  I lost about 25 pounds within the first three weeks, and I lost the rest of the weight within the next couple of months.  I was wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans (admittedly, with spanx underneath) by two months postpartum.  Somewhere between having Frank and getting pregnant with Lily I managed to gain back five of those pounds, so I started off heavier this pregnancy than last. I also gained more weight--37 pounds--this time, and I was terrible about working out, so when I gave birth, I was 42 pounds heavier than what I want to be, and I was also completely out of shape.  

I have had a much easier recovery this time around, and I started walking again at three weeks postpartum.  I started seriously exercising at four weeks, and I have been doing a Tracy Anderson post-partum DVD religiously for the last four weeks.  I have also been trying to eat much better and cut back seriously on sweets.  I have lost 30 of the 42 pounds I want to lose, but I am so anxious to lose the rest of the weight and get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.  Having this extra weight seriously depresses me.  I know that it takes time to lose weight healthily, but I am so anxious to get my body back!  I feel like I never really got back into great shape after I had Frank, and I feel like if I don't do it now, I will never be fit again.  

I should be doing my workout DVD right now instead of writing this blog post, but it is so hard after a long, hard day with a fussy baby to motivate myself to workout!  Lily got her shots on Tuesday, and she was super, super sleepy the rest of Tuesday and all day yesterday, but today she has basically been wide awake all day, which makes for a loooong day for Mommy!  Hopefully tomorrow she will be back to her normal self.

No comments:

Post a Comment