Monday, September 16, 2013

Aggie/Alabama game

When I was in Seattle last week, Frank texted me and told me that a friend was giving us tickets to the Texas A&M vs Alabama football game this weekend.  This was a HUGE football game, and Frank was so excited about it.  I was shocked when he invited me to go with him, because it seems like I never get invited to these big sporting events.  Usually Frank goes with my Dad, or my Dad takes my brother or Steve, or my Mom...I am always stuck home watching the babies.  However, this time, my parents agreed to watch both kids so that Frank and I could enjoy the game together.  We invited Brooke and Mason, and were excited that they were able to join us.  On Saturday morning, we loaded up Mason's truck and headed out to College Station around 8:00 a.m.  We enjoyed several hours of tailgating in the extreme Texas heat, and then headed up to the stadium to watch the game.  It was a wonderful game, but unfortunately Texas A&M could not pull out the win.  It was a great opportunity to catch up with good friends and to return to College Station for such an exciting event.  Frank and I had a great time together, and we really appreciate my parents for watching the kids.  Apparently Lily was not very cooperative and pretty much refused to nap for them, so they were exhausted by the time we got home.  We got home around 11:00 p.m, and then Lily woke up at 12:30, 2:30, and then was up for the day at 7:00.  We were pretty exhausted yesterday, but we had a successful drive back to Dallas and all went to bed early last night.  On our way back, we stopped in Buffalo to look at a ranch property that I found a few months ago that we are in love with.  We have a long way to go before making that dream a reality....but it was nice to stop and indulge the dream.  Here are a few pictures from this weekend:









No comments:

Post a Comment