Monday, September 9, 2013

Monsters

Frankie is officially scared of monsters.  He has been talking about monsters sporadically for the last few months, but he has been talking about them nearly every day now for the last few weeks.  He is scared of monsters in his room when it is dark outside.  He has been waking up super early every morning, and, I think because he is scared, he has been literally running downstairs and into our bedroom to wake us up.  He actually came downstairs by himself one night last week and climbed into bed with us, which he has NEVER done before.  I asked him where he got the idea about monsters, and he said that there are monsters on his iPad.  He also seems to think there are monsters under his bed, and he told me that "Mommy" told him they were under there.  I know I never told him that...but I wonder if I said something like, "no monsters under the bed either," and that gave him the idea that monsters might want to hide out under there.  I think it is kindof cute that he is so scared, and I don't mind the early morning cuddling, but I do wish he would wait A LITTLE bit later to wake us up.  I suppose he is just trying to prepare me for when I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment