Friday, September 13, 2013

Quick trip to Seattle

I went to Seattle yesterday for a quick day trip so that I could interview for a new job.  One of my favorite partners at my law firm left to join a different firm (that is based in Seattle), and she has invited me to come join her at her new firm.  I had already come in and met with a bunch of people in the Dallas office, and yesterday I met with some of the labor and employment associates and partners in the Seattle office.  I really loved Seattle.  It reminded me a lot of both San Francisco and Chicago.  My hotel was downtown, right near the water, and after my interviews were done, I walked around a bit and saw Pike's Place Market, the waterfront, the original Starbucks, and an awesome shopping district. I loved Pike's Place Market.  Frank asked me to bring home some smoked salmon, and the guys at the fish places were hilarious and super friendly.  There were a ton of fresh flower markets there, and they were selling enormous, gorgeous bouquets of flowers for $10!  If you live in Seattle, there is no excuse not to have gorgeous fresh flowers all the time.

This was my first time to leave Lily overnight, and it was tough!  My mom came up from Houston to help watch her, and that made things easier.  Thank goodness Nana was able to come up and help, or else I am not sure how I would have been able to make this trip!

I was looking forward to this trip because I thought it would give me a chance to relax and at least get a good night's sleep...but it was really more exhausting than anything.  I had to get up very early on Tuesday for my 7:30 a.m. flight out of Dallas, and that combined with the time change made Tuesday a super long  day.  I was exhausted by about 8:00, so I ended up going to bed really early.  I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday to catch my flight home, so I slept really crappy and kept waking up thinking I had overslept.  I was so excited to come home and see my family!  It was a long day, but hopefully I will hear some good news about this job soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment