This weekend I took the kids to Houston for Great Grandpa's 90th birthday! Frank had reserves this weekend, so he could not come with us. We missed him a lot, but we had a great weekend with family and friends. I was very apprehensive about the drives to and from Houston, and it turned out that one of them was pretty terrible and one of them was awesome. The drive to Houston started off great, and we made it all the way to the Woodlands with three successful, quick potty trips, and Lily sleeping the whole way. I had to pull over again in the Woodlands for Frankie to go potty, and I decided to go to a Burger King with a playground so that I could feed Lily and let Frankie play. It was a long stop--almost 45 minutes--and in that time, the weather got yucky and the traffic got horrible. It took me almost two hours to get to Sugar Land from the Woodlands, and I was in traffic pretty much the whole way. I was dying, but thank goodness both kids slept during most of that time. If I had been stuck in the traffic with two screaming kids, I may have gone crazy. The drive home was absolutely perfect--both kids slept almost the entire way (Frankie woke up in downtown Dallas, but Lily slept until we got to our house), Frankie did not have to stop to go potty and he did not have an accident, and we made it home in under four hours! Plus, Daddy was home when we got here, which was a nice surprise.
We came to Houston for my Grandpa's birthday, since it was a BIG one and he was turning 90 years old. My aunt Barbara flew down from New Jersey, and it was her first time to meet Lily. It was great to see them, and I know they were really happy that we made the trip. My dad cooked a delicious meal with filets, and Frankie and my mom made a delicious birthday cake. After we sang Happy Birthday to my grandpa, Frankie surprised everyone by blowing out the candles with one big blow.
A bunch of my friends also met Lily this weekend. We met Brooke and Katie and Bennett and Leighton at Chic-fil-A for a lunch playdate on Friday, and Corey and Diana each came separately over to my parents' house to catch up and meet the baby. It was so nice to see everyone!
Monday, September 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment